One of the many ways you get more with Preferred Rewards5
Preferred Rewards is a program that lets you enjoy real benefits and rewards on your everyday banking.
You can enroll in this program if you have an active, eligible Bank of America personal checking account and have a three-month average combined balance of $20,000 for the Gold tier, $50,000 for the Platinum tier, or $100,000 or more for the Platinum Honors tier in qualifying Bank of America accounts and/or Merrill Edge® and Merrill Lynch® investment accounts.
Visit your local financial center to learn how you may qualify for expedited enrollment in Preferred Rewards as part of this offer.
As your qualifying balances grow, so do your benefits.
Ready to get started or have questions about this offer?
1 This offer is only available to select Bank of America customers who receive this offer via a direct communication from Bank of America. Fiduciary accounts (e.g., trust accounts) are excluded. Offer expires on August 8, 2019. Bank of America may change or discontinue this offer at any time without notice before that date. Only available at participating financial centers (see list below).
- (1) Enroll in the offer by August 8, 2019 by speaking to a Bank of America associate or by clicking the enrollment link in a direct email communication.
- Next, complete the following steps within 30 days of enrolling:
- (2) Open or maintain an eligible savings account (Rewards Savings accounts and Money Market IRAs are eligible); and
- (3) Make deposits of new money (each is a “Qualifying Deposit”) totaling at least $10,000 directly into the eligible savings account. “New money” is money not currently or previously held in any account at Bank of America, Merrill Edge®, and/or Merrill Lynch®.
Thirty (30) days after enrollment, we will total all Qualifying Deposits to determine which special rate the account qualifies for based on the applicable new money tier (the “New Money Tier”). The New Money Tiers are as follows: If Qualifying Deposits total $10,000-$19,999.99, the eligible account will qualify for a 1.10% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for 12 months (assuming all offer requirements are satisfied); if Qualifying Deposits total $20,000-$49,999.99, the eligible account will qualify for a 1.25% APY for 12 months (based on the same assumptions as above); if Qualifying Deposits total $50,000-$99,999.99, the eligible account will qualify for a 1.50% APY for 12 months (based on the same assumptions as above); if Qualifying Deposits total $100,000-$249,999.99, the eligible account will qualify for a 1.75% APY for 12 months (based on the same assumptions as above); and if Qualifying Deposits total $250,000 or more, the eligible account will qualify for a 2.00% APY for 12 months (based on the same assumptions as above). In all cases, the special rate will apply to the entire balance in the account for each day during the 12 month promotional period.
After we have determined your New Money Tier, we will apply the applicable special rate within 60 days to the eligible savings account for a period of twelve months. After the promotional period ends, the APY will revert to the then-current standard variable rates applicable to that account type. For example, a Rewards Savings account pays the following standard APYs as of 04/20/2019 based on account domicile in California: less than $2,500, 0.03% APY; $2,500 and over, 0.03% APY.
Additional Important Information:It may take up to 90 days after the date on which you enroll in the offer for the eligible account to begin to earn the special rate, even if you make Qualifying Deposits of $10,000 or more on the day of enrollment. Until that time, standard rates apply (please see the rate sheet for the applicable account for more information). Any interest rate boosters or promotions you may be eligible for as part of the Bank of America Preferred Rewards and/or Banking Rewards for Wealth Management programs do not apply while the special rate is in effect.
Additional Terms and Conditions: All account applications are subject to our normal approval process. Unless otherwise stated, rates may change at any time without prior notice, before or after the account is opened, and may vary by location. Fees may reduce earnings. All other savings account details remain the same. Please consult a financial center, visit bankofamerica.com or see the Personal Schedule of Fees for account fees and other information about accounts.
Offer cannot be combined with any other offer and is limited to one per eligible savings account and customer. Offer does not apply to second or multiple eligible savings accounts. Your eligible account does not qualify for the special rate until you provide all of the information we require in connection with the account on or before the expiration date. This includes information we require to identify each account owner, including a validly completed IRS Form W-9 or Form W-8 (as applicable).
Reproduction, purchase, sale, transfer or trade of this offer is prohibited.
- Arizona: Maricopa, Pinal
- California: Alameda, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Los Angeles, Marin, Orange, Placer, Riverside, Sacramento, San Benito, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Yolo
- Colorado: Adams, Arapahoe, Denver, Douglas
- Connecticut: Fairfield
- Delaware: New Castle
- Florida: Broward, Clay, Duval, Hernando, Hillsborough, Lake, Miami-Dade, Nassau, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Seminole, St. Johns
- Georgia: Barrow, Bartow, Butts, Carroll, Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Forsyth, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Paulding, Rockdale, Spalding
- Illinois: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, Madison, McHenry, St. Clair, Will, Winnebago
- Indiana: Hamilton, Marion
- Kansas: Johnson, Wyandotte
- Maryland: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Carroll, Harford, Howard, Queen Anne's
- Massachusetts: Bristol, Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk
- Michigan: Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, Wayne
- Minnesota: Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Washington
- Missouri: Cass, Clay, Jackson, Jefferson, Lincoln, Platte, St. Charles, St. Louis, St. Louis City
- New Hampshire: Rockingham, Strafford
- New Jersey: Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Gloucester, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Union
- New York: Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Queens, Richmond, Suffolk, Westchester
- North Carolina: Cabarrus, Durham, Gaston, Iredell, Johnston, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Orange, Rowan, Union, Wake
- Oregon: Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, Yamhill
- Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia, Washington
- Rhode Island: Bristol, Kent, Newport, Providence, Washington
- South Carolina: Anderson, Greenville, Pickens, York
- Tennessee: Davidson, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson, Wilson
- Texas: Bexar, Brazoria, Collin, Comal, Dallas, Denton, Fort Bend, Galveston, Guadalupe, Harris, Hays, Hunt, Kaufman, Kendall, Montgomery, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, Williamson
- Virginia: Chesterfield, Colonial Heights City, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell City, Petersburg City, Richmond City
- Washington: Clark, King, Pierce, Snohomish
2 Mobile Banking requires that you download the Mobile Banking app and is only available for select mobile devices. Message and data rates may apply.
3 Mobile Check Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Other restrictions apply. In the Mobile Banking app menu, select Deposit Checks, then Help for details and other terms and conditions. Message and data rates may apply.
5 You are eligible to enroll in the Preferred Rewards program if you have an active, eligible Bank of America® personal checking or Bank of America Advantage Banking account and maintain a three-month average combined balance in your qualifying Bank of America deposit accounts and/or your qualifying Merrill Edge® and Merrill Lynch® investment accounts of at least $20,000 for the Gold tier, $50,000 for the Platinum tier, or $100,000 for the Platinum Honors tier. The combined balance is calculated based on your average daily balance for a three calendar month period. Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking accounts count towards the checking account and balance requirements, and receive benefits. Certain benefits are also available without enrolling in Preferred Rewards if you satisfy balance and other requirements. For details on employee qualification requirements, please call Employee Financial Services or visit the Bank of America intranet site.
Bank of America, the Bank of America logo, Merrill Edge, Merrill Lynch and the Preferred Rewards logo are registered trademarks of Bank of America Corporation.